Do you ever wish for an acceptable way to eat candy for breakfast? Even if you don't typically think of adding chocolate to your breakfast (like me) this is a recipe you may like. It can be sweet like the traditional candy bar or unsweetened. Below are photos and recipe of my "Almond Joy" Oatmeal dish!
I used 88% dark chocolate for this batch and unsweetened coconut flakes so it is not super sweet. Use whichever kind of chocolate you like best.
1. Use my basic oatmeal recipe as your base
2. Add 2-3 squares of chocolate and 2 tbsp of unsweetened coconut flakes and a handful of whole almonds to pot.
3. Pour in 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk and bring pot to a boil.
4. Once pot boil turn down heat to 2 or 3 and stir to make sure chocolate has melted and gets evenly distributed throughout the oats.
5. Keep simmering (and stirring) until the oatmeal reaches your preferred consistency. Serve into bowl.
6. Top with coconut and almonds. Also, a drizzle of honey on top (to taste) if you'd like it sweet.